Whether you’re looking for information at the library or from home, we have services that will keep you covered. Read about the variety of services we offer to seniors.
For more information about services to seniors, contact the Extension Services Department at 847-923-3386.
Homebound & Mobility Services
- Assistance for those with temporary or permanent disability
- Home delivery of books, movies, and more
- Mobile scooters, wheelchairs, and walkers for in-library use
- Magnifying machines available for loan
For more information, contact Outreach at 847-923-3388.
- Targeted for adults over 50
- Offers computing basics from the ground up
- Small class sizes (limited to 10)
- Discounted rate
For more information, contact the Computer Assistance Desk at 847-923-3352.
- No overdue fines for adults age 62 and over
- Book Discussions in-library & senior retirement centers and recreational centers
- Monthly trips
For more information contact the Info/Magazine Desk at 847-923-3347.
Reference & Research
- Genealogy: http://schaumburglibrary.org/local-history-genealogy/
- Investment newsletters and programs: http://schaumburglibrary.org/investing/
- Medical & Wellness: http://schaumburglibrary.org/health/
- Magazines in-print & online
For more information, contact the Reference Desk at 847-923-3322.
For You & Your Family
- Remembering Kits by Bi-folkal
- Tumblebooks animated stories to share online
- Youth Services suggestions for book titles you can read with your grandchildren