To receive a Treasure Bag, contact your school’s Library Resource Teacher to place your request. Please call the Youth Services Programs/Games Desk at (847) 923-3439.
The Treasure Bag program enables Preschool through 8th-grade teachers in Schaumburg Township to request library materials for their classrooms from September through March (excluding December), including call-ins during April. This program is designed to enhance existing teacher resources rather than to satisfy curriculum needs.
Treasure Bag Policies
• 20 books from our Fiction, Readers, Easy and Nonfiction collections are included in each bag. Requests for specific titles are not accepted for inclusion in a Treasure Bag.
• Items will be checked out for three weeks and are not renewable.
• Treasure Bags are delivered on Wednesdays by the District 54 van. Please review specific drop-off/pick-up procedures at your school.
• Correspondence and overdue notices will be sent via email.
• Teachers with overdue materials will not receive additional bags until books have been returned. Teachers may be charged for lost items. Due dates are located on the due date card in the item’s pocket.
• Teachers are encouraged to come to the library to select specific materials for their curriculum needs using their personal library cards.
• Teachers may request up to five specific titles through the Youth Services Help Desk at (847) 923-3446. Items will be held for pick-up for four days and can be checked out with a personal library card.
• Contact Chris Murray at (847) 923-3430 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information or questions regarding Treasure Bags. You may also complete the Treasure Bag Request Form below.