- Find the item you want in the Catalog.
- Click on the “Place Hold” button from the Full Details page.
- You will be prompted for your library barcode and PIN.
- Choose the location where you want to pick up your item.
- If you have given us your email address you will receive an email message stating your item has arrived at the pickup location you designated. If you have not supplied an email address, you will receive a phone call. Once filled, your hold will be held for 4 days.
Notifying You About Reserves
Email – If you supply an email address when you apply for your library card, the Library communicates with you only through email. Please notify us if your email address has changed.
Telephone – If you did not give an email address, the library will call you. The message states only that materials are being held at the Library you designated.
Schaumburg Township District Library cardholders will automatically move ahead of reciprocal borrowers in the hold queue.