Schaumburg Township District Library (STDL) provides Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service for STDL cardholders to obtain materials not owned by the library. STDL’s ILL system allows you to place requests from home or in the library. The system also enables you to check the status of your request, review your due dates, request renewals electronically and more.
The first time you use the system, you will be required to create a profile. Begin by going to the library’s ILL login web page:
Once you’ve arrived at the ILL login page:
- Log in with your library card number and PIN. (Your PIN number is the month and year of your birth. For example, the PIN for January, 2005 is 0105. Ask at the Library Card Desk or visit the PIN Information web page for more information.)
- Next, fill in your address, phone number, email address and other basic information.
- After that, you are ready to go. Just log in each time you return to use all the features of the program.
Staff at the Central Library Information Desk or any branch staff member can provide assistance (Staff Directory).
Please keep in mind the following ILL policies:
- Allows STDL cardholders to borrow materials from other libraries and pick them up at the Central, Hoffman Estates or Hanover Park locations.
- Available to STDL cardholders only.
- All Interlibrary Loan borrowing arrangements are made with libraries, not individual customers.
- May have up to 5 item requests in process at one time.
BOOKS & AUDIOVISUAL MATERIALS
- New materials (one year old or less) cannot be requested through Interlibrary Loan. Amazon.com is used to determine release or publication date.
- Audiovisual materials can be borrowed from Illinois libraries only.
- Loan periods vary and are set by the lending libraries.
- Customer will be notified by email or phone when an item is available.
- Interlibrary Loan staff must be notified if request should be cancelled or is no longer needed.
- Requested items must be picked up or customer will have their interlibrary loan privileges suspended for one month.
- All renewals must be done between the lending library and STDL. These items cannot be renewed online or through the library’s phone renewal system. One renewal request is allowed, but the renewal is dependent on the lending library’s approval.
- A nonrefundable $1 searching and handling fee is charged for each article requested.
MAGAZINE & JOURNAL ARTICLES
STDL does not lend AV materials out of state.
STDL does not lend new materials (items that have been received by us in the past 12 months) or entire issues of magazines.