3D Printing Quick Facts at the Schaumburg Township District Library
Printer Model and specifications:
- Makerbot Replicator 5th generation
- 100 micron layer resolution
- Glass build plate
- Blue painters tape on build plate for keeping model stable during printing
- G code (x, y, z coordinates) generated from slicer software Makerbot Desktop
Type of Printing:
- Fused deposition Modeling
- .STL Files Supported
- Exports to .makerbot file
PLA (polylactic acid) Filament Colors Available:
- Cool Gray
- Warm Gray
Interested in printing 3D objects?
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have a file ready to print? Fill out our 3-D Print Request form.
- Printer is located in the Teen Place
- 3D printing is open to all patrons
Certain Stipulations Apply:
- Print Time cannot exceed Five hours
- Base Price = $1.00 + weight of object in grams ($.10 per gram)
- Patrons must pay for print upon pick up. Failure to pay for a print will result in being barred from the 3D printer for One month.
- Allow one week to receive finished models
- Staff reviews all 3D printing projects before a project is approved.
- The Library reserves the right to deny and 3D printing requests.
- The Library will not print any model that can be considered a weapon or cause bodily harm or injury.
- The Library will not reproduce anything that is subject to copyright law.
- The Library is not responsible for failed prints or if a print breaks after the project is completed. Files will be printed as is. If specific dimensions are required please provide them with the file you send.